Raise Your Magic Wand Factor
Difficult conversations don’t have to be so painful or awkward. All you need are a few simple tricks to magically turn conflict into collaboration.
From time to time, we find ourselves in a situation where we need to have a tough conversation. All too often, rather than have the conversation, we simply avoid it. In the short term, avoidance seems far easier than what we imagine it might be like to have the conversation. If only there was a magic wand that could make the clash disappear and have everything turn out alright. Well, there is!
For this address, Deb will draw on her wisdom gained over decades conducting challenging but successful dialogs with personalities ranging from confrontational, egotistical and insensitive to overly sensitive, highly emotional and beyond. Learn practical strategies for holding constructive heart-to-hearts that will earn respect and result in win-win outcomes.
• Explore what makes some conversations so difficult
• Disarming defensive people: Face-to-face and heart-to-heart and beat hand-to-hand every time
• The beach ball effect: listen to understand
• Mindset, courage and commitment
• Finesse getting on the same side: candor, caring and kindness
• Your goal, their goal, and conflicting departmental objectives
• Saving face and winning